Sunday, February 2, 2014

The Wedding Dress -- Now the Fun Begins!


The Skype fitting went as well as a Skype fitting could go, so with DD happy with the skirt, she shipped it back to me and then the fun began. Deconstruction was the first step. It was almost painful to carefully rip out all the seams in the muslin. All the work that went in to putting the skirt together!

After washing the cotton batiste, I spent a good portion of Saturday afternoon ironing the 10 yards I purchased. Then this morning, with my coffee safely stowed as far away as possible, I began pinning the panels of the muslin -- now the pattern -- to the batiste. I have about half of the skirt cut out and will continue to work on this through out the week.

My latest issue is whether to use the white or the red wax tracing paper. I can barely see the slightly off white wax on the white batiste.






However, you can see the red wax through the silk dupioni. It is not as apparent here as the dupioni has quite a bit of shine, but when you move the dupioni, you can see the line.





The company that I bought the sheets from had light blue and yellow, but apparently has closed and I will have to find another vendor.

I realize that this isn't much of an update, but pictures of white on white are hard to make interesting. I have a lot of work a head of me and will try to get a little more regular with blogging again.

Happy sewing!


No comments: