Thursday, February 20, 2014

The Wedding Dress -- It's a Full Skirt!


I got the whole skirt together! Monica (the mannequin) is wearing the skirt since DD won't be here until March to try it on. I finally finished the bridal skirt around 4 PM today and sent pictures to DD. She is very happy! I wish that I could show you better pictures, but DD made me promise that I would never show pictures of the whole dress. Showing you too much of the skirt would make me guilty. (Sorry!)

So, tomorrow, I plan to make a field trip to Vogue Fabric in Evanston to get the cream colored dupioni. It will be a hardship, but I will try to enjoy it. If I get home early enough, I will begin cutting out the base of the bodice and working on the boning.

Yes, I know! There is still so much work to do and I am already celebrating finishing just the exterior of the skirt. Why? Because I need small victories!

Happy sewing!

No comments: