Monday, February 17, 2014

The Wedding Dress -- Today's Goal Accomplished


Mission accomplished!

It was a great day: I finished basting the last skirt piece by 4:00 PM. Nice to be done with this part for now. It went quickly enough that I feel confident that I will be able to finish the dress by the time that Dear Daughter gets here.

Earlier, I blogged about placing the pins perpendicular to the seam line. I said that this method kept blood off the dress. However, it also makes it easier to follow the seam line with the pins perpendicular to the seam vs. parallel to the seam. As you can see on the left, the fabric gathers up nicely when following the seam line with a needle. On the right, you can see that the parallel needle gets in the way of gathering smoothly.

Tomorrow the plan is to begin redoing the bodice with "folding" the wraps instead of the rouching. Hopefully, I will be able to get DD's decision quickly on what she wants so that I can cut out the wraps and get them cut out and basted.

Happy basting!

No comments: