Saturday, February 15, 2014

The Wedding Dress -- White on White


Sorry, I can't make white on white pictures look very interesting, but I did get a lot of work done today. The entire bridal skirt has been cut out. In the picture, you can just make out the dupioni behind the cotton batiste interlining. The work I did last week in marking all of the oversized slubs and loops last week proved to make laying out, pinning and cutting the fabric so much easier.

Actually, if truth be known, I have been a little nervous about the thought of cutting into the dupioni. The fabric isn't cheap and I don't want to make any mistakes. But once I started pinning out the interlining on the dupioni, making sure every grainline was parallel to the salvages, I forgot all about my fear. I think that I was cutting out the 3rd or 4th panel before I remembered that I was supposed to be scared.

This up and coming week, I am on vacation. My plan is to get a lot of the dress done this week; but for those of you who have read my blog for any length of time will remember my kitchen makeover. I am never one to over-estimate the amount of work I have planned on doing!

Happy Sewing!

No comments: