Saturday, September 27, 2014

Project 2016 - Revival - Painting Again

I am painting again!! This time it is my beautiful DD's room. She was 12 years old when we moved into the house that we live in now. There were two rooms for her and her brother, one green and blue and one pink. She got the pink. When I say pink -- I don't mean a pale, off white, iced pink...I mean a bright, almost hot pink.

I am not sure that the picture captures the intensity of the pink, but it was somewhat overwhelming and headache inducing for me!

DD left behind her bedding, so I took one of the pillow shams from her animal print comforter set to Lowe's and picked two colors out of it for the walls.
The colors are 2007-10C Coconut Milk and 2007-7C New Haven Clay in an eggshell finish. However, you will not see either of those colors in the picture on the left. That is because, I was not sure that I could cover that pink. So I selected Valspar's High-Hiding Primer as the first coat. It worked great and the pink is completely covered in one coat of this primer. Next week, I will begin painting the colors I selected.

I am really looking forward to having an adult bedroom for my DD and her new husband to stay in when they come for Thanksgiving.

Happy painting!!

No comments: