Sunday, September 15, 2013

The Wedding Dress -- We Are Gathering Here, Today

drape gathers ruching

The muslin progresses. I took the pattern pieces for the drape out of Vogue 8150 and prepared the muslin pieces in the same manner as I described here. I also made another set of bodice muslin pieces of Butterick 5419 to act as the underlayment (if I may use a construction term) for the draping. I gathered the edges of the pattern per the directions and did my best to apply them to the bodice. Above you will see the results of the "marrying" of the two patterns. (Pun intended)!

I have to make some adjustments to the draping as the sweetheart neckline of the Vogue is a somewhat different shape than the Butterick 5419. Later in the week, I will take the draping down and make some adjustments to the pieces and use them like pattern pieces to make new draping pieces. The I can re-gather the fabric to see if I can get it to match up better with the bodice.

Happy gathering!

No comments: