Thursday, September 19, 2013

The Wedding Dress -- Bodice Front

draping gathering muslin
This is version #3. I know it probably does not look very different from the pictures of version #1 at first glance, but I think that the ruching looks much more even across the bust. I cannot show you version 2 as I only got one panel on and realized that it needed further adjustments, took the gathering out of one side, adjusted the seam line and put in new gathers in both panels.

Now, I will sew the ruched panels to the underlayment and see how it looks. I want to get the bodice front a little bit tighter, but that is hard to do with out having a back attached. I will try the two back panels next week. I am out of town this weekend and won't get to work on the dress at all. But I am happy with the progress thus far. The bodice is the part that scares me the most. I still have 9 weeks until the DD is home to try on the muslin.

Happy Sewing!

No comments: