Wednesday, September 4, 2013

The Wedding Dress - Bodice In Construction

After marking all of the pattern pieces yesterday, today, I sewed along all of the seam lines and then attached all of the pieces. Above is the base bodice constructed. The pattern has the zipper up the back, but because of the draping in the construction of Vogue 8150 which will go over the base, I am putting the zipper on the left side instead of the back. I want to try putting the boning in tomorrow.

I realized that I should have ordered the dress form last week. I really need it in order to properly drape the bodice. I found one with the right measurements on-line and ordered it -- unfortunately, it won't arrive until the end of next week. I guess I will continue to cut out and mark pattern pieces.

Happy construction!





No comments: