Sunday, November 13, 2011

Ta Da! Finished!


I am quite happy with the way this one turned out! Is there a couple of things that I might change if I did same pattern again? Yes. But this is definitely a sweater that I will wear on a regular basis, and not just when I am lounging around the house. I will be wearing this to the office tomorrow!

Summary:

Pattern is Textured-Stitch Sweater Vest by Carol Covington in the book Vogue Knitting: Very Easy Knits ©1999 Butterwick Pattern Company.

Yarn is Paton's Classic Wool in Dark Grey Heather and Plum Heather 100% wool.

Knitted using Addi Turbo 60" circulars in US7 and US5 and I used a loose long tail cast on.

I knitted both the front and the back simultaneously which helped in getting the stripes even and the reduction for the armholes at the same place. This did make things a little confusing at times after I had started the V-neck since I had three balls of yarn going at the same time.

Having never done a vest with 1 X 1 ribbing on the arm openings, I ended up knitting the first one, trying it on and realizing that I Put in too many stitches as the ribbing stood straight out from the body of the sweater. Oh well, practice makes perfect! I knitted the second set with half the number of stitches at the top and the bottom of the arm hole and I think it turned out well.

If I had the ability to change anything, it would be knitting the rib at the bottom a little tighter as I did the neckline and arm holes. But I am not unhappy enough to do it over.

Best think is, I love the way the main sweater color highlights my hair!

Happy Knitting!

1 comment:

Pattie from Vermont said...

What a beautiful vest! You did such a nice job. Congratulations!