Sunday, April 1, 2012

Quilt top finished -- Guilt Eased


My twin sister came to my house for the weekend. While the last few times she has come, we have been knitting fools, this time I told her that I HAD to FINISH the baby quilts. So instead of pulling out the needles, she bought her sewing machine and it was a quilting weekend.

When I last posted about "A is for AUTUMN", I had gotten the letters placed and the machine blanket stitching around them done. I had finished the little pictures and fused them together, but there was still a lot of work to be done on the quilt. So, I finished all the stitching around the pictures on Saturday and this afternoon after church, I put the top and bottom boarders on the quilt and added all the fallen leaves.

My original plan was to place the leaves around the edge at regular intervals (that is the accountant in me) then my artsy-fartsy twin suggested that I put the majority of the leaves along the bottom of the boarder of the quilt with a few still "falling down". Thank goodness for a smart twin sister who made me think outside the box because the results are much better than I had planned. (She was always my favorite womb mate!) I sent the quilt home with her as she will give it to another of my sisters to quilt up on her long arm quilting machine.

We had just a few minutes left before she started her drive home and she helped me square up the other baby quilt that I have yet to finish, Heartfelt. It won't take me long to work up the binding and get that applied to the quilt. That is something that I can carry back and forth on the train and have it done in no time.

Well should be back to knitting in a couple of days. I was sick all last week and knitting was a chore as I could not see the stitch and my dizziness and headache caused me so many mistakes that I tinked everything that I knitted.

Happy quilting (or knitting if you aren't much of a quilter)!

No comments: