Sunday, April 15, 2012

Progress for Alexandra Gold



I have made some progress since the last time I posted about my Alexandra Gold shawl. I am currently on the second repeat of Chart 3 -- row 7. I really like this pattern. Like Dee O'Keefe's Ashton, the Alexandra is really fun to do and much easier than Summer Nightsong or Fall Colored Ginkgo. I highly recommend this as a first lace shawl. That is not to say that I have not had to "tink" any rows. I have -- several. But it is more due to trying to knit the lace while too tired or too distracted.




The color on the above photo is washed out. The actual yarn is much richer in color, but I have the old style iPhone camera without the flash. The yarn that I am using, Knit Picks Shadow, is a nice yarn, but it has its problems. It tends to be really sticky. Even tinking only a couple of rows back, I found that the fibers had already started to bond to each other which makes me think that this might be a good yarn for felting, but not for a heavily used item that you don't want to felt. I have read a few on line reviews of this yarn by knitters who sat that this yarn pills, but I have not had the same experience. I did buy 1000 yards of the lavender tonal at the same time to do another shawl, so I will have plenty of work with it to be able to form a solid opinion myself!




Happy Knitting!!

No comments: