Thursday, April 19, 2012

Buying books . . . again.


I did some on line shopping! Since I am currently into lace projects, I did a little shopping and found this excellent book, Wendy Knits Lace, by Wendy D. Johnson. Some books that you look at (buy) may only have one pattern that you would be interested in doing. Out of the 20 patterns in this book, I can honestly say that I could see myself knitting at least 12 of them.

The patterns range from the very simple "Light as a Feather Smoke Ring" Cowl which looks like a fast knitter could do this easily in an after noon, to a pair of lace knee-high socks, "Vintage Kneesocks". One of my favorite patterns is the "True Love (Scarf or) Stole". I think that this will definitely be on my to do list. However, I have to say that this is not a beginner project. This beautiful stole combines lace and short rows to make mitered corners. It took 4 reads of the directions before I started to grasp the way this pattern works. This project can be worked as a narrower scarf or a wider stole.

There are a total of 8 lace neckware items to be made. With my new found love of knitting lace, I'm going to be a very busy girl.

Stay tuned for information on the other two books I bought. (Who can read just one?)

Happy knitting!!!



No comments: