Sunday, March 18, 2012

Alexandra Gold


I have started another of Dee O'Keefe's beautiful patterns: The Alexandra. I am doing the full sized shawl version as opposed to the shawlette size that is also included with the pattern. I am using Knit Pick's Shadow tonal in Golden Glow. It is a lace weight yarn in a beautiful pale yellow with peachy tones. However, I seem to be having a dickens of a time getting started. I think that I have been very distracted and seem to start and stop and tink and reknit over and over again. Although I took this picture several days ago, I have not gotten much farther than this. 

I like the yarn. It is soft and the color is wonderfully rich. However, it is a little "sticky". When I have had to go back and tink something that I did the prior day, it seems to have already settled in and stuck together. I imagine that it would be a very easy yarn to felt.

I am doing some work on my other project Summer Nightsongs. Maybe that is part of my problem, I keep switching between the two projects and it is messing with my rhythm. For the last few months, I have been trying to stick to working on just one project at a time. Maybe that has made me a better knitter because I learn the pattern easier. Too late now!

Happy Knitting!!!


No comments: