Saturday, August 6, 2011

Sister Sock II



My twin sister finished her socks and sent me a picture of them on her feet. If you remember from my previous post, she had completed one sock and left it behind at a friend's house. As you can see, her socks are both finished and reunited. They are very plain tube stocks with a rib at the top in a worsted weight yarn.

But her knitting did not end there. She has since knitted two more pairs of socks that will be gifts. This speed must be due to her new Addi Turbo knitting needles! The next pair she knit was a basic tube sock with an "afterthought" heel. For those of you that are unfamiliar with an afterthought heel, follow the link to a wonderful little site full of tips and tricks -- Socknitters. Here Jill L Schaefer has a lesson complete with detailed photos on completing an afterthought heel.

Her third pair was a "flap and gusset" style heel. I happen to like these socks best, mostly because something inside me loves the look of stripped yarn for socks and my favorite color is green. Again, here is a nice list of tips and tricks for sock gussets from Socknitters.

Now, suddenly, I feel a need to run to my LYS and pick up some self striping yarn to make myself a pair of socks. Easy, Ledra, you have 3 quilts to make in short order.

No comments: