Sunday, August 14, 2011

Knitting while Traveling II - Or Road Trip Socks

I got to the heel turn just before I left for a two day road trip with some friends from Florida and Colorado. I used Cat Bordhi's Sweet Tomato Heel (yes, I broke down at bought her e-book). I worked on the heels in the car and the pattern was so easy that I really only had to refer to it a couple of times. The fact that there was no flap was really nice. I wish that the lighting in these photos did the colors in this Noro Kureyon the justice that they deserve; however, the colors in the above photo are closer than the colors in the below photo. I wouldn't even bother showing you the second photo, but it does show how nice the heels came out. I was really surprised at how fast they knit up.
I should mention that when I did the heel, I found that having both socks on the same needle did not work for this sock. Perhaps I am not as smart as the sock, but I ended up moving the second sock to a different needle (thankfully I bought an extra circular with me) while I did the first heel. I then traded needles for the second heel. When I was done with both heels, I moved them both back to the same needle and finished the socks together on the same circular needle.

My friends and I hiked around Devil's Lake in Wisconsin. It was gorgeous weather for the most part--a little rain in the afternoon, but with temperatures in the mid seventies it was perfect for hiking.

I looked at all the beauty around me--the colors of the rocks hills and trees. I think that my next pair of socks will have to be in blues, greens and grays. Let's see what a trip to the yarn store tomorrow will bring.

Happy knitting!

No comments: