Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Yep -- Addi Turbos make me knit faster!

Really!

I am surprised at how much easier it is to knit. I only see one drawback to the Addi Turbo needles: they are so slick that I have to be very careful not to loose stitches. I have not timed myself, but I would say that they have increased my speed by about 30%. Very happy with my new needles! Sister Dear was right. I am so glad she recommended them and I recommend them to everyone else.
Love, love, love the Noro Kureyon that I am knitting! The colors are so beautiful and I cannot decide which sock I like best. Knitting them two at a time is not as hard as I thought it would be. It will certainly eliminate "second sock syndrome".  Although with this yummy yarn, I think I would be just as excited about sock number two as I am sock number one.

I am thinking about changing from a tube sock to a heeled sock. I found a great YouTube video done by Cat Bordhi showing how to do her Sweet Tomato Heel. The heel looks pretty easy and is smoother than any other heal I have ever seen. I also spent some time over on her web site www.catbordhi.com looking at some of her patterns. She has beautiful work and her e-book is now on my wish list.

Happy Sock Knitting!

No comments: