Sunday, April 10, 2011

The US Postal Service Was Good to Me This Week

Better late than never! I still received it within the official mailing window, but if two used books are ordered the same day, I would think that they would arrive within a day of each other.  To me, this means that someone is slow at getting to the post office.

Anywho. The book is cute and has several colorful patterns in it. knit mittens!, published in 2002 by Storey Publishing is by Robin Hansen.  The patterns are a nice mix of yarn weights and styles and features both front thumb and side thumb mittens. It even has a pattern that is for a felted pair of mittens.

Since I bought the book used and on line, I did not know what I was getting, but since the mitten on the cover was so colorful, I thought it might contain some children's pattens and I was so right as 11 of the 15 pattens have child sizes. I think that I will try the pair called "Labrador Diamonds" as they have two sizes, Newborn to 6 months and Child's 3 years.

All in all, I am pleased with the purchase and the fact that I saved money buying it used is a bonus!

************************************

I also received the parts for my little knitting machine. I spent some time playing with it yesterday. It is somewhat difficult to use, but I think that once I get used to all the weird quirks, I will be very happy with it.  My plan is to play with this one and see if I can actually do well enough to consider buying one of the really nice ones. This is the "Easy-bake Oven" of knitting machines.

No comments: