Saturday, April 30, 2011

The Machine!


It has been so busy at my real job, that I have had little time for my knitting machine. But I have gotten to spend a few hours with my new little friend. The knitting machine comes with some basic patterns that get progressively harder and step you through different knitting techniques. Using the pattern book would have been a logical way of learning how to use the machine,  -- but I have never been too logical.

So I hit the internet and found tons of videos about knitting machines on YouTube. One of the the YouTubers that I have found the most helpful so far is clogden21. She uses the same machine that I use, so I don't have to try and "translate" from one machine "language" to mine. I watched her series on dishcloths and remembered that I had some cotton yarn. VoilĂ ! My first finished project.

I did use the booklet that I got with the machine to get directions to do eyelets. Which I practiced fairly successfully -- except for the set that is slightly askew because I did not line them up properly.

No comments: