Saturday, April 2, 2011

Update on the Running Horse Hat

This is about half way done.
The project that I started last Sunday is coming along nicely. I have not had too much time to work on it outside of my train commute into the city. I wish I was a faster knitter. I am not really getting the hang of the hold-a-yarn-in-each-hand thing. I seem to get a death grip on the yarn and my knitting turns out way too tight.

I do like the colors I picked -- a pale cream and a periwinkle blue. The yarn is just what I had left over on hand from a baby sweater I crocheted some years ago.  It is Lion Brand Micro-spun sport yarn -- an acrylic; it won't be as warm a hat as if I had done it in wool.  I may do another version in a wool or wool blend; however since I have a lot of old left-over yarn and no budget to buy new yarn; this will have to do for now!

Above the row of horses is a row of crowned hearts and then it begins to decrease to the top of the hat. The pattern, as designed, has a yarn pompom on the top, but I am not sure that I will put it on the hat or not.  I was never too fond of froufrou things. Besides the fact that I am somewhat lazy about some things.

No comments: