Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Newest Toy

I already told you I wasn't good at sticking to a budget when it comes to yarn or fabric. I also have a weakness for toys, er um, I mean, tools!

One of my latest finds is this cute little French Knitter also called a Knitting Nancy or a Knitting Knobby. Note the little face painted on the side! I tried it out and the resulting rope is a square. I figure that this will come in handy to make ties on hats like a "chullo" or on mittens for children -- you remember the cute little string that goes through the arms to keep track of the mittens. Love those. If anyone knows the name of the string, let me know. I guess I would call it a mitten leash.

Actually, I remember in grade school that someone taught me how to "knit" with my fingers. It was basically using your fingers like the nail heads on the top of the French Knitter. All the girls in my class made long loose ropes with their fingers. It was fun and used up some of recess.

So I spent a little time on the internet and found a wonderful website on Knitting Nancies. At the bottom of his website there are some websites that sell French Knitters -- some of them are no longer valid sites, but several of them still sell them.

Happy Knitting!

No comments: