Sunday, August 11, 2013

Go Fish! - Another Edition in the Long Line of Baby Quilts


Last week was a very busy week--unfortunately it was not busy sewing or knitting-wise! I didn't get a stitch of work in all week. So, I had to make up for it this weekend. I finished the skull quilt top on Saturday afternoon and then started cutting out pieces for the newest baby quilt: Go Fish!

I cut out 16 fish using a pattern that I made from a fish outline coloring page that I found on the internet. Eight fish are facing right and 8 are facing left.

On the left you see the rare Button Fish.

These should be really easy to blanket stitch around. Certainly easier than the skulls!







Here is the "funny" little fish called "Carrot Top".

I put an inner border of yellow, red and blue striped fabric with green corner blocks. Now all I have to do is figure out what I will do for the final border.

Happy Quilting!

No comments: