Monday, August 12, 2013

Flowers and Bows


I know what you are thinking: "Flowers and Bows? Aren't you missing something in your description?"

Well that may be true, but "Skulls" just doesn't sound like a baby quilt. This quilt was really fun to do, but very tedious as well. I cut 112 different 2 1/2" squares for the inside borders out of more than 20 different fabrics. To make certain that I did not end up with any matching squares too close together, I laid the whole quilt out on a table and sewed the blocks together carefully keeping them in order. So not only was it fun, but tedious -- as was blanket stitching around all the eye sockets and nasal holes. My current project "Go Fish!" will certainly be much easier.

This one will be on the way to the quilter soon!

Happy quilting!

No comments: