Monday, July 22, 2013

Busy, Busy. Busy!

I know! It has been three weeks since I posted! In the 2 1/2 years that I have been blogging, that is about the longest I have ever gone without posting. I know I could list a bunch of excuses, company in town, my anniversary party, quarter end business at work -- but if you really want to know, it is because I am being lazy.

I have, however, been dabbling in a little quilting and a little knitting and a little gardening. But the big news is that my daughter has asked me to make her wedding dress! I have been busy researching and reading up on couture -- remember one of the last posts that I wrote? It was a hint of something that I could not talk about until she and the FSIL (that is "future-son-in-law" for the abbreviation-challenged) announced the event officially. And now that she has announced the big event, I need to get started as I have one year to go.

We have already talked about design ideas which have morphed from very plain to more ornate. She wants a mainly white white dress with ivory trim. We are thinking about a four piece outfit: A strapless or halter-top bodice (it is a July wedding in Tampa, Florida), a hi-low skirt white with an ivory lining, a chiffon over-skirt and a pencil skirt to put on at the reception so she can dance easily!


If you don't know what a hi-low skirt is, the picture at the left is what I am McCall's 6701 going to use for the bridal skirt.. The pencil skirt may end up being Vogue 8672 as my dear daughter wants a ruched top and this pencil skirt has a gathered front. Her over-skirt will be similar to the ruffled chiffon skirt above but not quite so angular.

Lots of things to work out and lots of sewing over the next year. . . happy couture!

No comments: