Sunday, June 2, 2013

Come Fly with Me! Let's Fly, Let's Fly Away. . .


"Flying In Formation" is on its way to the quilter! Obviously, I did finally decide on a name for the yet-to-be-named-quilt. While I was sewing the quilt top, I kept singing a song made famous by Frank Sinatra:

          Come fly with me, let's fly, let's fly away
          If you can use some exotic booze
          There's a bar in far Bombay
          Come on and fly with me, let's fly, let's fly away. . .

I had fun with the boarders and used a different fabric for each side that matched an airplane in the quilt. I little easier than piecing all of the wonky piano keys that have been on the last four or 5 quilts. Hopefully, this quilt and the too pink quilt will be back quickly and I can get them out to their respective owners!

Happy quilting!

No comments: