Saturday, May 14, 2011

Have Yarn -- Will Travel.

Lion Brand Wool Ease Scarf

One of the nice things that I have found is that knitting travels well. I have been knitting occasionally on my daily commute into Chicago.  My latest travel project is this simple 3 X 3 ribbed scarf. I found this unfinished object ("UFO") in a drawer and have been traveling with it in my backpack. The yarn is a wool blend by Lion Brand and is so soft and fluffy that I find it comforting to work with. I am not sure what relaxes me more -- just the action of the knitting itself or the comforting fuzziness of the yarn.

I am leaving for a conference tomorrow. The DH has decided to come with me, so it is great that I will be able to knit when he is driving. I dislike driving so hopefully with a 12 hour trip each way, I will get about 18 hours of knitting done. That means I should be able to finish this project and restart my mittens.

************************************************

Yes. . . the mittens. The lovely cuff that I shared in an earlier post, I will be frogging that today and beginning over. After I got started with the hand part of the mitten which is in stockinette stitch, my gauge tightened up and the mitten won't be big enough. So I will be starting over with a larger needle size for that part of the mitten. It kills me to rip out all that work, but I wouldn't like them the way they are.  I will also make wider stripes for the green in the ribbing as I was getting way too many ends to hide.

No comments: