Thursday, May 26, 2011

And the winner is . . . ?


I have finally found a pattern and yarn which will become make my next sweater.  I found the pattern for a simple sleeveless shell featuring a single cable. The pattern was by Crystal Palace Yarns and used their Bamboozle. The cotton/bamboo/nylon blend promises " a great feel and a luster" a "soft core", and best of all that "the elastic nylon maintains the shape of a garment and prevents vertical stretching while wearing".

I love, love, love the color! It is bright, but the color range isn't extreme and I can envision wearing it with a navy suit in my office. I think cool and classy. I promise to follow up and let you know what I think when the yarn arrives. The pattern for my size requires 7 skeins, but I ordered 8 so that I can play with it a little first. I have worked with cotton on my Bond USM and it is a little difficult to knit. I think that the small amount of nylon will enable it to "give" and make it easier to knit.

No comments: