Thursday, August 21, 2014

Throwback Thursday - Triplet, A study in pears.


This is an art quilt that I did a number of years ago in June of 2006. It is called "Triplet, A study in pears" obviously my attempt at a pun. The 27 X 12.5 panel features three pears which are all done with different techniques.

The pear on the left is done with melting crayon into fabric.



















The center panel is hand appliqued with an embroidered leaf.

The right panel is a pear in fabric paint and a leaf painted on a piece of green fabric fused to the background.












I quilted this myself on my home machine, a Bernina Activa 220. The little workhorse on which I sewed DD's wedding dress. I had fun adding a couple of words - "Ripe" and "Pears".



I even had a lot of fun making the label -- which was almost as big as the quilt itself.

Happy quilting!

No comments: