Monday, April 8, 2013

Yarn Fast


I know that there are knitters out there with WAAAAAAY more yarn than me. But I think I am getting out of control. And being the control freak that I am, when I think about my lack of control on the yarn front it kinda makes me well. . . frazzled.

So, I am making a pact with myself to not buy any yarn for six months! That's right until 09/08/2013, I will not buy any new yarn. I have planned out several projects over the last few months and bought the necessary yarn for all of them already. But I haven't started many of them; therefore, no changing my mind and no falling in love with "some fuzzy this" or "some lace weight that". I am sticking to the four months if it kills me.

Not only do I have several projects (the Flirt Skirt for one) planned out and ready to last me over my three month yarn buying abstinence, I have all of that wool I bought and dyed and am in the process of spinning and plying and knitting. I also have not finished my Chelsea Skirt. That alone should keep me plenty busy through my June expiration date of my yarn buying fast.

So again, I promise no new yarn for at least a month.

By the way, I just heard about a new yarn shop only about an hour from my house -- any one up for a road trip on Saturday?

Happy drowning in my stash!

No comments: