Friday, October 12, 2012

A good long yarn.


Little Flirt Skirt
I have been trudging along on the Avocado Carnaby over the last couple of weeks. Projects of this size take time for me. I am not a fast knitter, so I don't have much to blog about when I am in the middle of a project. However, I do have some more yarn to show you.

As long as I am ordering yarn for one project, I may as well order yam for a couple of more projects in order to save money on shipping. Along with the Wool of the Andes that I bought from Knit Picks, I also purchased Full Circle in Cardinal and Wool of the Andes Tweed in Claret. And I already have the (free) patterns picked out for these yarns!

Chelsea
For the Full Circle, I have selected the pattern Little Flirt Skirt. This pattern, by Faina Goberstein, is an A-line, knee length, pleated skirt. The skirt has a beautiful eyelet row through which many on Ravelry have used to thread a ribbon.

The Wood of the Andes Tweed will be used for a pattern by Cecily Glowik MacDonald called Chelsea. This pattern, like the Carnaby, is a wrap skirt. I love the piece of lace at the hemline. My thought is to use a few yards of lace that I have in a pale lilac. Yum!

Happy Knitting!

No comments: