Friday, January 4, 2013

Sea Anemone Ear Flap Hat -- Finished

What do you get when you cross an ungulate with a zoantharia? An Anemone ear flap hat! Sorry that is just a little zoology joke.

After being put to the back burner to make my son's hat and scarf, I finally got back to my sea anemone ear flap hat. As I posted a couple of weeks ago, I saw a really neat technique that Carla Price of the blog Knitting is a Romantic Drama used for a hat. I used that technique with a bulky yarn to make an ear flap hat with the left over Noro Hitsuji from the chullo hat I made my husband. I really like the way that it turned out -- it should be incredibly warm.

I basically adapted the ear flap hat patterns that I have done to use the tendril technique with help from notes on Carla's blog post dated 12/14/2012.

Easy Peasy!

Happy Knitting!

No comments: