Saturday, February 4, 2012

Snowtop Mountain Shawl -- My Ashton Shawlette is all but finished!


My Ashton Shawlette is stretched out on my spare bed drying! I am so excited about the results of my first lace project and I am already itching to get started on the next one.

I wet blocked this project. After I finished binding off, I carefully washed the shawl in lukewarm water and shampoo. I know that there are other soaps or cleaners that are good for wool, but shampoo is what I had on hand. I carefully rinsed it and laid it out on a towel, rolled it up and squeezed the water out.

I followed a suggestion I saw on Knitting Paradise and used cotton twine to stretch the top edge of the triangular shawl. I carefully wove the twine in and out of the yarn overs. I then stretched the tip at the point of the triangle and finally pulled out each of the points on the bat wing.

The worse thing will be waiting for it to dry.

Happy knitting!!

No comments: