Saturday, February 25, 2012

Deep Water Ashton -- On the road


Since I was traveling last week to see my family and friends in Florida, I never blogged about my newest Ashton. I finished it in the car on the way back home and blocked it upon my return. I used one of the Noro Kureyon Sock Yarn skeins that I bought at the big yarn sale and a US size 5, 47 inch circular needle. For all of the pictures, I pinned the finished shawlette on my blinds so that you can really see the pattern. Unfortunately, the brightness of the color is somewhat diffused, but the picture on the right shows the color much better than the one above.

Because of the nature of the yarn, the pattern is somewhat wonky as the yarn thickness varies from lace weight to as thick as worsted weight in a few places. I like the wonkyness as it makes any mistakes in the knitting disappear.

I think I am hooked on lace knitting for the moment. In fact, I have already started another Shawlette from a different designer. But that is a post for another day.

Happy Knitting!

No comments: