Thursday, March 1, 2012

Falling Leaves -- My Fall Colored Ginkgo


This is a new shawlette that I am knitting. The free pattern Ginkgo Shoulderette Shawl is found on Ravelry and is a top down triangular shawl designed by Maggie Magali. I am using the Koigu KPPPM sock yarn that I bought at the big sale in January.

I really like this yarn -- it is soft and has a great deal of spring to it. In fact, I have double checked the label twice to make sure that there is no Lycra in it! I think that as I knit it rather loosely, when blocked there should be nice big lace holes.

I started this project on vacation and the first part went really went fast as it is all stocking stitch. However, I have to admit I am having some trouble now that I am to the charted pattern. It is a mirror image shawl and I keep getting mixed up on which side of the mirror that I am on and forget to switch on the other side of the spine. So I have tinked alot on this project. At this point, I am on the 16th row of the pattern. Only 18 more to go.

Well, I have more work to do, so Happy Knitting!

No comments: