Friday, November 11, 2011

Convertible Mitten Update -- Finished!




I finally finished the convertible mittens. It took me awhile to get to the point where I wanted to take the time to finish them. If you remember from a previous post, I had some trouble with the thumbs. Of course, when I don't feel confident about what I am doing, I tend to put it off; but 35 degree temperatures in Chicago was the  sign that I needed to finish them for my friend's sake! 

You can see in the palm of the mitten where I tried to graph if using the Kitchener Stitch. I really like the way the ribbing around the finger opening looks. I only put a "texting" thumb on the right hand. I am not really happy about the way it made the thumb look weird and really over-sized. But from the picture, it makes it easy to text. It would especially be beneficial to iPhone users (or other smart phones) that are driven by touch. When using these phones, you must remove your gloves to use them.  I think that I will be making myself a pair of these really soon! 
Happy knitting!




No comments: