Tuesday, June 14, 2011

I've been Bamboozled!

Bamboozle in Blueberry/Grape
55% Bamboo, 24% Cotton, 21% Elastic Nylon
It's here!

After a (what seemed like) a long wait, I have finally gotten the Bamboozle that I ordered for my summer sweater. Isn't it beautiful?

This yarn by Crystal Palace Yarns has a tight twist and feels quite dense. It does have stretch provided by the elastic nylon. I have heard that clothing made from bamboo yarn can sag and "grow" longer, but Crystal Palace's website says that the elastic nylon assists in  keeping the garment's shape. In my earlier post I put a link to the pattern that I am going to use which was also created by Crystal Palace Yarns.

I posted a question on Knitting Paradise forum requesting feedback on what people thought about bamboo yarns and if they had any tips on using it. Got a lot of good tips on using bamboo yarn (which is always the case on that forum) and some great feedback on Crystal Palace Yarns, too. Interesting note, on that thread, I "ran into" the knitter that knitted the pictured example in the pattern. Fun!

No comments: