Sunday, May 12, 2013

Quilting Weekend


After my guilt finally caught up with me, I was able to make some progress on the languishing baby quilts. I got binding attached to all four of them and can now carry them back and forward on the train and work on getting the hand sewing done.

I also started doing the machine blanket stitch on another quilt. I would like to get two more put together and shipped off for quilting by the end of May. Once those are done, that will only leave me with 3 more to do! (Unless of course co-workers keep making babies, LOL!)

I also took a short trip to my local quilt shop and went straight to the sale rack (it is hard to ignore all the pretty colors on the way) and came away with a nice selection. Stripes are one thing that is always on the sale rack and I love to use stripes to make bias binding for my quilts -- the brighter the better. The owner of the store commented the prices were so good that she was paying me to take some of the fabrics!

Here is a picture of the stack of fabrics I brought home. I used the red and orange wavy stripe already in one of the quilts already. You can see it above on the second quilt with the basketball on it. Along with that I got a green stripe, a pale peach stripe, and an orange and yellow wavy plaid to use as binding. I also got some fun fabrics featuring carrots, gears and flowers. All for under $30.00! I love saving money.

Happy Quilting!

No comments: