Monday, October 22, 2012

Bandana Cowl


I have gotten so far in the knitting of my Carnaby Skirt, that it no longer fits in my bag that I carry into the city on my commute. This means one of two things: either I don't knit on my commute or I start another project. So I decided on a quick knit by Purl Soho called the Bandana Cowl. I found Purl last week when I was looking for a good pictorial for my blog on short-row knitting. I looked at several of the free, online knitting patterns that they had, copied a couple of them to my hard drive and went on with life.

A week later, I was looking at some postings on Knitting Paradise and noticed this one on the Bandana Cowl and immediately recognized it. To me, that is knitting destiny.

I am somewhat limited on bulky weight yarn at the moment, but I had some left-over Wool of the Andes Bulky from my Chocolate Diamonds Sweater that I knitted last fall. Perfect. I cast on the pattern and am following it as written. There was some discussion on Knitting Paradise regarding converting the project to knitting flat instead of in the round and adding some buttons, but I decided not to mess with the pattern and just go with what was written.

I am about half way and have only knitted for about 3 hours. For me, that will be a REALLY quick project. I may have to get some more bulky yarn.

Happy knitting!

No comments: