Saturday, October 27, 2012

Productive Knitting Week: Part 2 - How Now Brown Cowl

It's amazing what difference is made in blocking a knitted item. Above are the before and after (OK, during) the blocking of my cowl that I knit to fill my commute time. 

How Now Brown Cowl was an extremely fast knit. I completed it in about 6 hours of knitting stretched over two days. I guess that is one reason I like using bulky weight yarns. When I got this item off the needles, I tried it on and was a bit dismayed to see that the tip of the cowl rolled under. I assume that this is because my gauge on garter stitch is tighter than my stocking stitch. 

Again, I used blocking wires to block the cowl after soaking it for about 30 minutes. I have two on the front side with one of them at an angle to pull the lower point out and away. The yarn is not in the least bit over stretched, so my hope is that this will stop it from rolling under.

Happy Knitting!

No comments: