Thursday, September 27, 2012

Cutest Baby Dress Ever!


I really love this baby dress. The skirt is full of ruffles. It reminds me of watching flamenco dancers all hot pink and ruffly!

This is a lovely and easy pattern by Paulina Obregón called Tura Maeve Dress. The pattern is available in both Spanish and English. The pattern is written in only one size, infant, however, I was able to use a larger needle and get a size that will be bout a 9 month size.

The skirt is done in three tiers. Each successive tier doubles in the number of stitches. The last tier has 512 stitches per row. That is one way to tire of stocking stitch.

After reading some notes of other knitters on Ravelry, I was able to avoid a couple of problems. A couple of users had thought through the fact that if the buttons are on the back and babies are supposed to sleep on their back. That would mean buttons would need to be flat to be comfortable. And to think that I almost bought big, thick flower shaped ones.

Here is my Ravelry site if you are interested in reading my project log for Sofia's Baby Dress.

Happy knitting.

No comments: