Sunday, December 18, 2011

Off the Needles: Chocolate Diamonds Sweater


I have finally finished knitting all the pieces for my Chocolate Diamond Sweater. I am really happy with the way that it turned out. As you can see from the picture above, the diamond pattern really shows up. I got up early this morning so that I could block the sleeves before leaving for church. They were dry by the time we got home so then I pinned and blocked the back and front of the sweater. 

The picture above of the sleeves is a better representation of the color. I think that the morning light coming into my spare bedroom is much better to show color than the afternoon sun. As I noted in a previous post, I really like this Wool of the Andes Bulky by Knit Picks. I haven't found anything that I don't like about it and I am interested in working with the worsted weight variety.

I think that I am definitely getting sweater fever. I am annoying co-workers by staring at the sweaters they wear. I am always looking to see how different sweaters are designed and how a particular look was constructed.

In constructing this sweater, I used a loose, long-tail cast-on. I think that this is my favorite cast-on thus far. It you have never tried this method before, I think that KnittingHelp.com has one of the best videos for the method. It is easy, fast and has plenty of stretch for a ribbed bottom. If you have not tried this cast-on, I highly recommend it.

I am hoping that I can get the sweater put together in time to wear it to work one day this week before Christmas. I have a pale blue collared blouse that I can wear under it.

Happy Knitting!

No comments: