Monday, December 26, 2011

Wrist warmers are finished. . .next sweater decided.


These were a quick knit! I finished them just a few minutes ago and am wearing them now as I type up this post. I think that they will be plenty warm for work and I love the color. They are a little snug around my fingers so I hope that they don't interfere too much with my typing.

Now I have to find another project to keep me busy for a few days as I don't have the money to buy the yarn for my next sweater.

My next sweater comes from the newly released book by Connie Chang Chinchio, Textured Stitches. This book is stuffed full of wonderful patterns which are beautifully photographed and well illustrated. It was hard to choose, but my choice for the first sweater from this book is the Raindrop Cardigan.

This open, buttonless jacket style sweater is simple and elegant. The front is plain stocking stitch with ribbed collar. But the best part of the sweater is the back panel. The "bud stitch" on the back is striking and resembles a cross between a pussy willow and the eye on a peacock feather. I think that I am going to try to knit this sweater in a silk blend. I'm going to have a hard time waiting to order the yarn. Oh well, I will just have to get a couple of quick stash busters made.

Happy knitting!

No comments: