Sunday, October 9, 2011

Sweater Vest

Well, I spent the last week working on a new project. Yes, I know I have not finished the mittens, but I have a good excuse. My friend was not able to try them on so that I can check for proper placement of the texting thumb opening. Or at least that is the story to which I am sticking!

But I love my new project. It is a V-necked sweater vest which I found in Vogue Knitting: Very Easy Knits a "best of" book put out by Butterick Patterns in 1999. My pattern, Textured Vest" is just as the book states -- very easy. The 4 row pattern is easy: Knit row, Purl row, K1 P1 row, Purl row. The texture that is created resembles a waffle.

The pattern shows it in a solid color, but I am mixing it up a little. The main color is a lovely charcoal grey heather the stripes in a dark plum heather. There will be 3 plum colored stripes 2 narrow stripes flanking a wider stripe starting below the arm holes and going above half way up the v-neck. I have chosen a beautiful Classic Wool by Patons a 100% hand wash wool. It knits beautifully. The twist is perfect and it has a nice elastic feel to it when stretched.

No comments: