Saturday, July 23, 2011

Can you give me a hand with this?


I started a new quilt today. It is going to be a charity quilt for Maternity Homes of Fox Valley. I hosted an open house informational meeting today and we did a fun project to kick off the charity quilt. Using a pencil, we traced attendees hands onto Pellon Wonder Under Fusible Webbing and then ironed it on to bright hand-dyed fabric. These hands will be used as a theme for a double-sized bed quilt which will be raffled off as a fund raiser for this worthy charity.  Stay tuned to see the project progress.

This fall will also see me working on quilts for two babies that are due in the fall. Both moms work in my office. One of the babies is a girl, but I don't know what the other baby is. I was thinking of doing a traditional quilt design for the girl quilt that has outline of a hand with a heart in the palm. (As you can guess, one thing led to another and I thought of the idea for the charity quilt). If I do the hands in pale pink prints and the hearts in hot pink prints I think it will look great. I have not thought of an idea for the other baby as it is sometimes harder for me to figure out an idea for a baby with an unknown gender. If anyone has any suggestions. . .

No comments: