Wednesday, March 30, 2011

The UPS just delivered my new . . . disappointment.

I ordered an Ultimate Sweater Machine -- Deluxe! It is something that I have wanted to play with for years and I never bought one because I was scared of spending the money. (Which is kind of silly because it was a lot cheaper than the sewing machine I bought without a blink of my eye.) I waited with my heart all a-flutter and UPS finally dropped it off this afternoon.

Since I spent most of last Saturday afternoon watching all the on-line videos that I could find -- including the ones by Bond-America, the manufacturer, on how to set up and use the machine.  I opened the box and started to dig out all the pieces -- and of course, the center needle bed is broken. Just a small nick out of it, but it is broken on the ridge where the knitting carriage rides.

I shot an e-mail off to the manufacturer with a photo of the piece that was broken in hopes that they will send me a replacement part without a fuss.

So in consolation, I am pan frying up a couple a pork chops for the DH and me. I just dusted them with some salt and my homemade dry rub spice mix. It's a secret, so don't tell anyone what I put in it:

2 parts Ground Cumin
2 parts Black Pepper
1 part Ground Ginger
1 part Ground Turmeric
1 part Ground Mustard
1 part Ground Garlic
2 parts Cayenne

I use extra virgin olive oil for the beautiful flavor.

No comments: