Friday, August 31, 2012

Never ending surprise.



This is my latest Baby Surprise Jacket -- Bamboo Baby Surprise. I am guessing that my math was off. The arms ended up really skinny. This picture was taken before I finished the second arm and before I sewed up the shoulders. The arms look even thinner now.

So how to fix it? My thought is to remove the seams from the shoulders and pick up and knit about 8 or even 10 garter ridges across the entire length of the wingspan. I will most likely use the faded denim color to do the ridge, but I am also weighing using the navy.

Aren't the buttons really cute? I thought they are perfect for a little boy's sweater. I had been planning on purchasing some brown wooden ones, but finding these was a welcome "surprise"! (Pun intended!)

Happy Knitting!

No comments: