Saturday, July 28, 2012

Girly Girl Tunic

I am working on a baby sweater for an upcoming baby. I am not sure what baby yet, but as there are 5 expectant parents in my office right now, I am sure that one of them will be a girl -- hopefully a girly girl! The name of the pattern is Frills by Yarn Madness. I found the pattern when searching on Ravelry for a  lace baby dress. This can be a sweater or a dress with minor modifications. The pattern has been quick and easy to do so far.

I am excited about this sweater because I have never done a raglan top before. I am not sure why -- it has just never happened. But I really enjoyed the process of the increases -- it is very similar to increases in a couple of things that I have knitted recently. So maybe I will have to put a raglan sweater on my "to knit" list for me!

The yarn is Yarn Bee's Rainbow Wool. It is machine washable, which I think would be important to your average new mom. It is a bit scratchy, but I think that it is soft enough to wear in cold weather. I only bought one skein of this the other day just to try it out -- but I had no idea what I might knit with it. Now, I may have to run out tomorrow and see if there is any left. The pattern calls for 200 yards for the 3 month sized sweater and the skein has 204 yards. If I get a second skein, I will have plenty to finish it safely and I could even modify it to be the dress. That is what I get when flying by the seat of my pants.

Happy knitting!

No comments: